[mrtg] Re: MRTG and 2 CPU with NT

Neil Francis n.j.francis at bath.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 16:44:29 MEST 1999

It will be unlikely that you will get any meaningful information from
the your duel CPU NT machine using SNMP.

It seems Microsoft have taken a half hearted approach to SNMP on NT
systems. I tried to monitor a couple of duel CPU boxes a while ago
and got useless results. One CPU would always be at 100% and the
other always close to zero.

See KBase article Q146004. The cause is due to Windows NT TCP/IP
not using interlocked operations to maintain its statistics counters.

Regards

Neil Francis
n.j.francis at bath.ac.uk
Tel: (44) 122 532 3571