[mrtg] Re: Absolute Values - Never Averaged

Stieers, Ken KStieers at DainRauscher.com
Mon Feb 21 14:19:50 MET 2000

Jason,

If you mean that you don't want MRTG to average the values to generate the
weekly, monthly, yearly, graphs, you're out of luck.  Absolute and gauge
only affect how the incoming data is processed.  WithPeaks will let you see
the peaks for each of the averaged time periods.

By default MRTG gets the data, computes the delta and divides by the number
of seconds.
Absolute gets the data, doesn't compute a delta, and divides it by the
number of seconds.
Gauge gets the data doesn't compute a delta, and doesn't divide it at all.

If MRTG did have an option to not average to generate the historical graphs,
how would you pick which poll to keep?

HTH,

Ken