[mrtg] New User Questions

Tony Nelson tnelson at techie.com
Thu Jan 20 23:01:00 MET 2000

Hi All,
   I've checked through the resources on mrtg.. but can't seem to find a=20
simple answer.. i setup mrtg 2.8.11 (compiled from source on Solaris 7)..=
=20
all went fine.

   I only have 1 Hub that I want to monitor.. a Bay Networks 5000.  Being as
I'm new to SMTP monitoring tools.. I just went w/ all the defaults..

=2E/cfgmaker public at myswitch > mrtg.cfg

which worked like a champ..

=2E/indexmaker -t 'some title' -r '.' -o ../data/index.html

which created an index.html which seems very reasonable.. which leads me to
my two questions..

1) cfgmaker found 18 separate things to create graphs about.. I had assumed
   that they were cards in the bay 5000.. but I can't seem to figure out the
   mapping..  our bay consists of the following:

   one 58000 management module
   one 5675D-FX
   one 5475-FX
   one 5310A
   two 5308PS
   six 5308S

2) I've been collecting data for a little under 24 hours now.. and the scale
   on most graphs is still maxed at 96 bytes/sec .. and only one showing=20
   moderate activity (for a brief period) at 3240 bytes/sec.. am I missing
   some scaling factor that I need to apply for bay hardware?

If anyone can help me configure this correctly and understand what the=20
results that we're getting I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Tony Nelson

--=20
Tony Nelson 								       www.gnupg.org keyid 136C5B87
					- Standard Disclaimers Apply -
     Boycott Amazon!  -  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/amazon.html

-- Type: text/plain
-- Size: 10k (11027 bytes)

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: application/pgp-signature