[mrtg] Auto-fix up of config files...

William Schwartz wschwartz at apz-Applied.com
Thu Jul 27 22:33:49 MEST 2000

I've got configs for MRTG that are over 60 pages in length... We are
monitoring over 400 sub-interfaces on 2 routers. Because of the number of
changes that happen, we have trouble keeping things up to date. Has someone
developed a solution to keep your config files up to date with your router
configurations? We change DLCI's (frame-relay) and such things as bandwidth.
We also add and remove sub-interfaces quite a bit.

What I'm looking for is some kind of script that will take my MRTG configs
and compare them with the running router config and change the MRTG config
as needed.

Does such a beast exist? Or am I forced to start this from scratch?

Thanks!
Will