[mrtg] Gratitude for a great program!

Isaac Grover isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
Fri Jul 28 00:53:41 MEST 2000

Hey everyone,

No problems today, but I thought I'd let you hear some good
news.  (It made me feel good anyway.)

Here in the College of Engineering at SJSU we've had MRTG
monitoring almost one thousand interfaces (basically right down
to every machine in the building) for almost six months and
haven't had a critical need for it other than to just watch our
traffic.

With the recent Napster decision, a student decided to load up
Napster on several clients with gigabytes of MP3s available, and
after one of our traffic threshold monitors paged us we took a
look at MRTG and within minutes we knew exactly where the traffic
was coming from.

MRTG allowed us to change the TTK (Time To Kill) from hours into
minutes.  Kudos to everyone who has contributed to the
MRTG project!

---
Isaac Grover, Network Administrator
SJSU College of Engineering, Networking