[mrtg] Responses to "Cisco Catalyst 2900 Problem"

John D. Wear JDW at mps.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jun 1 16:59:25 MEST 2000

I want to thank Jonathan and Mike for giving me confirmation that the old
IOS on some of my Catalyst 2924 switches does indeed have the snmp problem
I thought I was seeing.  There was another person who mentioned having the
same problem; fyi, the release notes for the most recent IOS for the 2900
are at

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/29_35xu/1061501.pdf

(get the pdf, because the html doco hasn't been updated for "xu")

the most recent IOS image and whatnot are at

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cat2900XL

I'm going to do an upgrade on one of my switches within the next few days,
and I'll let everyone know if there are any gotchas.

Yours, j.d.

j.d. wear
the ohio state university
department of physics