[mrtg] Mrtg errors

Bob McGilvray bobm at bestweb.net
Thu Mar 2 11:08:03 MET 2000

Hi, I was wonder if someone could help me out with this problem, I can't figure it out..

Im trying to monitor my ethernet interfaces on my FreeBSD machine, snmpd is running and Im able to snmpwalk/get and get the correct information with no errors, if I run mrtg I get the following (using the cfgmaker or after making a cfg manually)

SNMP Error:
Error decoding response PDU:
  Unknown decoding directive in template: {%i%s%*{%i%i%i%{%@
    %{%i%s%*{%i%i%i%{%@
     ^
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "209.94.<snip>" [209.94.<snip>].161
                  community: "snip"
                 request ID: 78875988
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)

I get the same error trying to use mrtg on my managable switch..

Its a :

IOS (tm) C2900XL Software (C2900XL-H2S-M), Version 11.2(8.2)SA6, MAINTENANCE INTERIM SOFTWARE

Bob McGilvray