[mrtg] Re: ABSmax / maxbytes / unscaled.

alex at ergens.op.Het.Net alex at ergens.op.Het.Net
Tue May 9 23:58:59 MEST 2000

Johansson, Jan wrote:

> I am using MRTG to monitor pingtimes, these are normally in the 50-250ms
> range, but there are spikes up to 6000ms. What i would like to do is set
> mrtg up to
>
> *accept anything up to 10.000ms
> *limit the y-axis to 500ms
>
> yet still plot everything, i dont care if a few measurements are "off the
> visible scale"

Either:

- hack MRTG so that it does what you want it to do (probably in rateup)
or
- use RRDtool and write your own script to do the graphing

In both cases you might get that strange looking way too high averages
which won't be explained by the graphics you show with them.

regards,
Alex