[mrtg] Re Re: what to do when interface numbering changes

wagner at grz.at wagner at grz.at
Wed Nov 8 17:48:05 MET 2000

I found this phenomenon on a cisco 8540 but the global configuration
command "snmp-server ifindex persist" seems not to exist
in my devices (neither in Cisco7505 12.0(9), Cat2924XL nor Cat8540
12.0(4)).

In the Cat5k´s (at the moment using 4.5(4) or 4.5(6)) I have not yet
checked
if a renumbering happens.

Also thanks to Daniel I will try to upgrade MRTG 2.8.9 to a newer MRTG
for getting more features (eg. description).

Regards,
Chris