[mrtg] Re: Behaviour Enforcers

Kenyatte Simuel ksimuel at mail.nlci.com
Mon Oct 2 21:11:42 MEST 2000

I agree also with what has been said.  I think that you have two camps.
The camp that thinks that posting a question is admitting defeat (which I
think I am in that group) and the one that relies on this group for an
instructional how-to.

I think it needs to be known what this newsgroup is for.  I think it is
the final resolution to a question after you have exhausted all options.
The options include the manual, the other links, etc.  I have put up the
somix website so many times for example for configuration files. I got
that website from the MRTG homepage.
People need to realize that while there are many people that run MRTG and
many people who help Newbies out, those people are not here to answer
every question.  If a question is not answered it is probably because a.)
people might think that the person hasn't looked in a well known
repository and if the person goes to the MRTG website then they might find
it.  Or B) They might not know an answer...

Sorry about my Rant.  I get upset because I don't like to ask questions
and like to figure things out myself...

Kenyatte Velord Simuel
Cisco CCNA
NetLink Technologies Network Infrastructure
765-742-2420 x234