[mrtg] Re: opinions?

Justin Shore listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Wed Oct 18 06:31:59 MEST 2000

At 10:18 AM -0400 10/16/00, Brady, Jeff wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Looking for opinions.  I am currently running MRTG 2.8.12 quite happily
>monitoring about 200 targets.  I am reusing a bunch of old monitors and PCs
>on one wall of the computer room as a "status wall", a great deal of the
>targets will have their one day chart constantly displayed with the refresh
>set to 5 minutes.  Would I see any benefit if I moved to 14all.cgi and RRD?

You might want to make some simple html files that group together one
one page.  This would really consolidate things quite a bit.  I saw
someone's page on here a few weeks back that used SSI's to show when
a device went down (with animated gifs).

HTH
   Justin

Justin Shore       K-State Linux Distro Mirror, Sysadmin
macdaddy at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
<http://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/mirror/rpm2html>
<ftp://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>

*Internet2 Users*
<ftp://quest.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>