[mrtg] any ideas for this project?

Jim Hunt jhunt at hse.k12.in.us
Sun Oct 22 23:59:43 MEST 2000

I have a T1 (2 actually) and would like to use MRTG to do a breakdown of the
most popular Internet Traffic.  (http, ftp, napster, smtp, dns, real audio,
other....)  There currently is a (hardware) firewall in place which does NOT
do any SNMP or other reporting which I can access.  (It does produce a
report but is kind of lame and not easy to access.)

Any suggestions???

Maybe using a pass through Server to collect info?  I prefer NT but could
use another popular freeware OS.  :-)

Of course, if I could just grab a already available product, I would be
happy.

We have a Wellfleet router on one and a Cisco on the other...

Jim Hunt, MCSE