[mrtg] Re: Novell GroupWise MTA Messages

Steven Stringham SStringh at lrlaw.com
Tue Oct 24 17:37:25 MEST 2000

Chad,
Try adding a "perminute" setting to the options item:
     - Options[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]:
integer,nopercent,growright,perminute
The number obtained is divided by the number of seconds per period (5
minutes) and so the value is usually to small to graph.  The alternative
is to multiply the value by say 100 to increase it.  My MTA monitor is
basically the same, I just added the perminute value and I get a good
graph.

Good luck
Steve

>>> "Chad Eddings" <chad.eddings at ofumic.com> 08:08:21 AM 10/24/2000

I'm trying to monitor the number of messages routed on a Novell
GroupWise system. I've been using the correct OID, as I can do a snmpget
and return the correct number of messages routed. The first line of the
MRTG log file even shows the correct number. However, the remaining
lines in the MRTG log are just zeros. I'm sure it is something simple
I've missed in the config file. The number I'm polling is not a "gauge"
or "absolute" option, it does increment.

Here is a copy of the config file, of course:

WorkDir: /home/httpd/html/stats/chad

Target[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.23.2.37.1.1.1.9.1&1.3.6.1.4.1.23.2.37.1.1.1.9.1:public@
ofugw.ofumic.com
MaxBytes[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: 1250000
Options[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: integer,nopercent,growright
YLegend[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: Msgs
ShortLegend[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: Msgs
#Legend1[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: Msgs
LegendI[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: Msgs
LegendO[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]:
Title[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: MTA Messages Routed on OFUGW
PageTop[grpwise.mta.msgs.routed]: <H1>MTA Messages Routed on
OFUGW</H1>
  <TABLE>
   <TR><TD>System:<TD><TD>ofugw</TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Maintainer:<TD><TD>Technical Services</TD></TR>
  </TABLE>

TIA for any help you can provide...

NOTE:  This message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the sender of this E-Mail or
by telephone at (602) 262-5311.