[mrtg] Re: How make a linux machine reply to SNMP requests

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Thu Oct 26 21:16:27 MEST 2000

Am I wrong, or is rpmfind only for RPMs?

For anyone that chooses to run a different (better?) flavor of *nix than RedHat, the source code is probably a
better direction to point them.

Especially since the README's and other examples are usually included along with the source.

try http://ucd-snmp.ucdavis.edu

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 12:54:24PM -0600, Luis Carlos Solano spake:

> "Enerson, Marty" escribió:
>
> > You need to be running snmpd daemon.   You can download the RPM off of
> > www.rpmfind.net or you could get a .tar from somewhere else.
> >
> > Once you have that downloaded you just need to edit your /etc/snmp.conf file
> > and start the daemon.
> >
> > good luck.
> >
> > marty
>
> For linux, the most known suit for snmp is:
>
> ucd-snmp
> ucd-snmp-utils
>
> look for them in rpmfind.net.
>
> lc