[mrtg] Hmm, strange OID seems to change

C.Prickaerts at UB.UNIMAAS.NL C.Prickaerts at UB.UNIMAAS.NL
Thu Apr 26 13:08:47 MEST 2001

Hi group,

Here's my setup: MRTG on Linux 6.2 and a W2K server with SNMP and Perfmib
installed.

I'm puzzled. I got MRTG to get snmp info on a W2K cpu, which worked fine
untill 10:00 this morning. After that it gave an "error status, no such
name"

The OID was: Target[hostname.processorLoad]:
.1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.1&.1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.1:<my_secret_com_name:>@<h
ost_ip_adress>

So I checked it out with Getif, to see if this OID was correct, and it
wasn't there ???
But surprisingly .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2.2 (so last 1 becomes a 2) does.

What does this mean?
And why did it change so suddenly?
And how do I know if .2 is the correct one?

regards,

Chris Prickaerts
University of Maastricht