[mrtg] Re: unix X cfgmaker

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Aug 14 18:39:30 MEST 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Patricia de Aquino Mendes - DIGR.O wrote:

>    I´ve tried to use cfgmaker with an unix box. I didn´t have any error
> during the execution but my output file was empty - no references for the
> interfaces.

Could be a number of things.  Your choice for indexing the interfaces
resulted in their not being unique, the SMNP community string was wrong,
your output file was mistyped and resides somewhere else, etc.

Did you get no output at all, or a file that had the headers but no
interfaces?  Did you get the typical "progress report" to STDOUT while
it was running?

>      Any hints  ?

I usually run it to STDOUT first for a quick sanity check and then run
it again with redirection to the appropriate file.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323