[mrtg] withzeroes option does not appear to work

Roger Leitch roger.leitch at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 11:59:13 MEST 2001

I am using mrtg version 2.9.17 to graph percentage packet loss values obtained using an external ping program.  The values are in the range 0 - 100 which the Graphs display correctly.

My problem is that the Average Value displayed under the graphs is incorrect.
What is shown is the average of the non zero values.  e.g.  if 2 periods out of 24 hours experience 100% loss, then the average displayed is 100% (not 0.67%).

I have tried using the configuration option "withzeroes" as documented but this has no effect.

Is this a problem in rateup?
Does anyone have an answer or a work-around?

Thanks