[mrtg] Re: Wrong figures being graphed?!

Mike Koch Mike.Koch at etsi.fr
Mon Aug 27 15:31:07 MEST 2001

Wait five minutes. The values will appear in the html page. This is because
MRTG normalizes data before graphing them. Alex van den Bogaerdt gives me an
excellent explanation about normalizing (I can forward it to you if you
want).
Anyway, all that you have to know is that MRTG graphs the 'average' of datas
received, that is a normalization of datas in a 300 seconds interval... ( I
don't want to bother you with a complex explication ). Well, by now, these
maximum values (normalized) must have been showed on the html page...

By the way, you can see the normalized datas now in the log file too (look
in front of 998903400).

One last thing: if in your scheduler (the crontab ? sorry but I'm not a *nix
guy) you call mrtg with the --logging=whatnameyouwant.log you will have a
log file with informations within. However, I think this option is available
only on a recent version of MRTG ( > 2.9.7 ??)