[mrtg] Re: Cisco 3640 Mem Usage?

john.hoffman at za.pwcglobal.com john.hoffman at za.pwcglobal.com
Wed Jul 25 17:25:32 MEST 2001

Jeff,

Take a look at these, Processor memory and I/O memory, use the sh mem on
the router to obtain you're MaxBytes value.
(Only portions of the cfg)

Target[x.x.x.x.pmem]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.5.1&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.6.1:Community at x.x.x.x
Options[x.x.x.x.pmem]: growright, gauge, unknaszero
Unscaled[x.x.x.x.pmem]: dwmy
MaxBytes[x.x.x.x.pmem]: 14301824
YLegend[x.x.x.x.pmem]: Memory Used/Free
Legend1[x.x.x.x.pmem]: Processor Memory Utilization - Used
Legend2[x.x.x.x.pmem]: Processor Memory Utilization - Free
ShortLegend[x.x.x.x.pmem]: b
LegendO[x.x.x.x.pmem]: Free
LegendI[x.x.x.x.pmem]: Used
Title[x.x.x.x.pmem]: Router Processor Memory Used/Free
PageTop[x.x.x.x.pmem]: <H1>Router Processor Memory Used/Free
 <BR> 3640</H1>
#---------------------------------------------------------------

Target[x.x.x.x.imem]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.5.2&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.6.2:Community at x.x.x.x
Options[x.x.x.x.imem]: growright, gauge, unknaszero
Unscaled[x.x.x.x.imem]: dwmy
MaxBytes[x.x.x.x.imem]: 2097152
YLegend[x.x.x.x.imem]: Memory Used/Free
Legend1[x.x.x.x.imem]: I/O Memory Utilization - Used
Legend2[x.x.x.x.imem]: I/O Memory Utilization - Free
ShortLegend[x.x.x.x.imem]: b
LegendO[x.x.x.x.imem]: Free
LegendI[x.x.x.x.imem]: Used
Title[x.x.x.x.imem]: Router I/O Memory Used/Free
PageTop[x.x.x.x.imem]: <H1>Router I/O Memory Used/Free
 <BR> 3640</H1>

Regards

John

                    Jeff Bethke
                    <Jeff at julieandje      To:      mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
                    ffrey.com>            cc:
                    Sent by:              Subject:      [mrtg] Cisco 3640 Mem Usage?
                    jeff at ee.ethz.ch
                    2001/07/25 12:13
                    AM

 Size: 4 Kb

All,
   Im trying to monitor Memory Usage and CPU temp on my Crisco 3640s'.
Any ideas what that mib/oid would be?

So far I have found this for the memory part, the only thing is that I
get '1 bytes' as result:

Target[gwrmem]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.6.2&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.5.2:public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Title[gwrmem]: Memory Used,  Gateway Router
Ylegend[gwrmem]: Memory
LegendI[gwrmem]: Memory Used
LegendO[gwrmem]: Memory Free
ShortLegend[gwrmem]: Bytes
Options[gwrmem]: absolute, gauge, nopercent, integer
MaxBytes[gwrmem]: 33554432
PageTop[gwrmem]: <H1>Memory Used,  Gateway Router</H1>

Any idea what I am doing wrong above, or do you have another config? And
is there a way to monitor system temp?
Thanks
-Jeff Bethke

        privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
        information by persons or entities other than the intended
        recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please