[mrtg] MRTG output explanation

Michael Pope mpope at perth.oilfield.slb.com
Wed May 16 11:15:07 MEST 2001

This is probably a RTFM but I can't find it.

I'm new to MRTG and have installed it with a pretty basic config to monitor
our local router.  I want to utilise the log files to create some additional
summaries of my own and am trying to rationalise the log files with the Max
In/Out, Average In/Out and Current In/Out given on the web pages that are
generated.  I've read the explanation on the log file format and that's OK.
Can someone point me to an explanation of how the Max, Ave and Current
figures are calculated from these files please.

Thanks

	Mick
Michael Pope
Systems Engineer