[mrtg] Re: ifOperStatus

Andreas Nolte anolte at ccietac.de
Tue Nov 27 18:16:27 MET 2001

Hi, if the ethernet cards support MIB2, it's not a problem. You can use 1.3.1.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8 this is the ifOperStatus, which describes the operational status of the interface.
After the number 8, you should place the correct interface index (i.e. 1 for the 1st; 2 for the 2nd Interface etc.)

You should get a number like 0 for down or 1 for up. You can set the MaxBytes to 1. Then as long as the interface is up, you should see a green area. If the interface goes down (0), the the green area changes to white.

I hope this helps.

Regards Andreas

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:38:05 -0300
"Gustavo Ariel Faza" <gfaza at 2vias.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I installed MRTG and is working fine to obtain the traffic of my servers.
> But i would like to obtain the ifOperStatus of that ethernet cards, to
> identify in an amount of time, if the server went down.
>
> But don´t know how to include it in the configuration file.
>
> In the RRDTool suggested me that MRTG includes this hack.
> How do i activate it ?
>
> Im running MRTG under Windows NT and IIS.
>
> Thanks
> Gustavo
>

> ---
> Gustavo Ariel Faza