[mrtg] MSFCs & 6509s RE: Previous posting wrong subject line...

Roth, Gabrielle gabrielle.roth at xo.com
Thu Oct 18 17:15:28 MEST 2001

> I am having difficulty getting MRTG to poll a Cisco 6509 MSFC2.  I
> wondered if anyone with experience monitoring this particular platform
> could help me.  I'm sure my problem stems from the fact that we're
> running both CatOS and IOS on this machine, however I don't know what
> the solution to get around this problem is.

We're currently monitoring about 20 MSFCs.  We monitor them as a separate
entity from the switch.  I've never had any problems getting the 'standard'
mrtg config from them.

I'm also running 2.9.17, and I can run cfgmaker with the same options as in
your example against the 'switch' side of my 6509s with no problem.  So, you
may have more than one problem here.

"SNMP Error: no response received" can be caused by a number of things.  See
http://faq.mrtg.org/FAQ021.html for details.  Make sure you have eliminated
those possibilities first.

Remember, snmpwalk is your friend!

-gabrielle
"Five out of four people have a problem with math."