[mrtg] Thresholds

Gibson, Paul paul.gibson at atosorigin.com
Thu Aug 8 05:13:18 MEST 2002

Hello,

	I am trying to setupo thresholding from within MRTG, however I'm
finding the mrtg docs a little vague and lacking in detail.

The docs say there is a variable THRESH_DESC variable that is defined with
the ThreshDesc entry in the cfg file,  what I'm having trouble with is using
that variable,  where/how do I use it ???

Example config

Target[router_Se1]: #Se1:public at router:
SetEnv[router_Se1]: MRTG_INT_IP="" MRTG_INT_DESCR="Serial1"
Directory[router_Se1]: router
ThreshMaxI[router_Se1]: 90%
ThreshMinI[router_Se1]: 75%
ThreshProgI[router_Se1]: /usr/local/bin/mrtgthresholdover.sh
ThreshProgOKI[router_Se1]: /usr/local/bin/mrtgthresholdunder.sh
ThreshMaxO[router_Se1]: 90%
ThreshMinO[router_Se1]: 75%
ThreshProgO[router_Se1]: /usr/local/bin/mrtgthresholdover.sh
ThreshProgOKO[router_Se1]: /usr/local/bin/mrtgthresholdunder.sh
ThreshDesc[router_Se1]:** 1984k ANSI to Telstra **
MaxBytes[router_Se1]: 248000
Title[router_Se1]: Serial1 ** 1984k ANSI to Telstra **
PageTop[router_Se1]: <H1>Serial1 ** 1984k ANSI to Telstra **
<numerous crap deleted)

What I'm trying to do is get a description of the interface out to the
mrtgthresholdover.sh  script  but when ever I use

ThreshProgI[router_Se1]: /usr/local/bin/mrtgthresholdover.sh $THRESH_DESC

MRTG errors complaining about that line,    everything else is working ok
though.

ANy suggestions ???