[mrtg] Problems with multiples config files

Juan Jose Natera Abreu jnatera at net-uno.net
Tue Feb 26 20:22:31 MET 2002

Hello all,

We have a server running to monitor many routers, we are using
mrtg-2.9.10 and I have found a problem I can figure out how to
solve.

We have like 12 .cfg files monitoring diferent stuff and I needed
to add a new one, so i built up the new .cfg, add the new file to our
mrtg start script and everything seemed to work fine. Then I had to
restart it and suddenly it couldn't handle the new .cfg anymore:

ERROR: I Quit! Another copy of mrtg seems to be running. Check
cfg/mrtg-corpmbo.pid

And the file is there, I delete, start the mrtg again and i get the same
msg, I tryed putting another name to the cfg and it didnt get any
better, I got the same error msg.

Every cfg file has a diferent name.

what is happening?

Regards,