[mrtg] Re: Template files

Marc Bilodeau marc at somix.com
Fri Jan 18 16:44:04 MET 2002

The variables in the cfg templates are used with Somix Technologies
Denika and WebNM Product. Theses tools provide an interface for users to
simply specify information and then they take care of creating a
configuration by replacing these variables. The following is an
explanation of what Somix tools look for in these template files:

BANDWIDTH - The total amount of bytes represented on a connection (100mb
= 12500000, 10mb = 1250000, T1 = 193000)
CIR - This value represents the committed information rate from a leased
frame relay circuit in bytes (128k CIR = 16000, 64K = 8000)
DEVICE - Our tools replace this variable with a friendly description
such as Utilization from Serial 1/0 on Core router.
DLCI - A term used in Frame Relay to identify the leased line.
HDINSTANCE - SNMP instance of a specific hard drive (Microsoft HDD have
long instances like .58.68.58.68.58.68.67)
HDLETTER - Represents a Hard drive letter or partition name (C: or /usr)
HDSIZE - The size in bytes of a hard drive
INFO - Used to allow users to provide contact information such as a
phone number or email address.
INSTANCE - An SNMP instance to specify a value from a specific MIB tree
LOCATION - The physical location of a device
MAINTAINER - The person responsible for maintaining a device
MAX - The maxbytes or maximum value from a specific MIB
MEMORY - Total amount of memory on a device in bytes
PORT - Represents a specific port number
THRESHOLDMIN - The value that represent the minimum threshold value. Any
value that dips below this will trigger any specified script.
THRESHOLDMAX - The value that represent the maximum threshold value. Any
value that dips above this will trigger any specified script.

Hope this helps
Marc