[mrtg] Problems with mrtg and external script in cfg

Daniel Curry dcurry at cariocas.com
Mon Jun 3 21:31:53 MEST 2002

Hello everyone!

I am having a small problem with mrtg getting all of the requested data
points into an rrd file.  Here is a snippet of my .cfg

Options[_]: growright, bytes
WorkDir: /opt/mrtg/data
Logformat:rrdtool
PathAdd:/opt/mrtg/bin

Target[monitor-mem]: `/opt/mrtg/bin/mem-wrapper.sh`
MaxBytes[monitor-mem]: 1000000000
Options[monitor-mem]: nopercent, integer
XSize[monitor-mem]: 360
Ysize[monitor-mem]: 75
Title[monitor-mem]: Statististics
PageTop[monitor-mem]: <H1>Total Statistics</H1>
YLegend[monitor-mem]: # A's/5min
ShortLegend[monitor-mem]: A/5 min
Legend1[monitor-mem]:  swpd: the amount of virtual memory used (kB).
Legend2[monitor-mem]:  free: the amount of idle memory (kB).
Legend3[monitor-mem]:  buff: the amount of memory used as buffers (kB).
LegendI[monitor-mem]:  Total monitor-mem:
LegendO[monitor-mem]:  Total monitor-mem:

Here is the output of the script from above.

[root at monitor cfg]# ../bin/mem-wrapper.sh
3504
71128
118660

however, I am only getting two of the three items into the .rrd file.
What have I missed?  Thanks...

Daniel Curry
IT Manager
Cariocas
625 Second Street
Suite 201
San Francisco, CA 94107
ph: 415-348-6516
fx: 415-348-6505
cell: 510-579-6680

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z,
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."
  - Albert Einstein