[mrtg] Re: mrtg-2.9.17-1 - No graphs!

James Schnack acrux14 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 13 15:53:03 MEST 2002

Hi Chris,

Is the log file getting any values written to it ? What does a "head
whatever-it-is-called.log" show ?

If you only find zeros in it, you may want to run the script manually and
check returned values against MaxBytes value... I understand that if MRTG
gets values that exceed MaxBytes it will silently discard them.

Also check if you get any email sent to the user running MRTG, with error
messages.

Last, I assume your flat line is at "zero bytes", right ? Otherwise, a flat
line is the usual for disk consumption, at least for a few hours' period
(when it grows faster than that, you may be looking at trouble!).

Let us know how it went!

Regards,

James