[mrtg] How to correct wrong values in .rrd-files?

Christoph Wagner christoph-w at gmx.at
Wed Mar 6 09:27:52 MET 2002

Hi,

I have used MRTG for a longer time and have sometimes experienced problems
with an IfInOctets/ifOutOctets-value which cannot be true.
(eg. in our environment - one router with 1Mbit/s serial and
100TX-FastEthernet cannot have a load of eg. 7Mbit/s on the LAN-interface
even if this value is smaller than maybytes)

Till now we have corrected this by changing the .log/.old-files but how can
we correct this when using RRDTool. (we must correct it because else the
graph is unusable with such a high peak)

Help would be fine,
Regards,
Chris