[mrtg] Re: Get Past graphs

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon May 6 16:43:57 MEST 2002

Yes and no.  What you ask is possible, but only (depending on how old
of a date you want to graph) available in 30 minute or 2 hour increments.
If it is older than 5 weeks or so, then no.  That's only available in 1 day increments.

What you don't say is what resolution you want.  I can guess you want 5 minute
resolution.  It would be great if MRTG did 5 minute averages for 400 days, but it
does not do this out of the box.  I think there is someone on the list who provided a hack to do this.  If you are running RRDTool on the backend, I think
this would be pretty straightforward to do (maybe not).

What you probably meant to ask was "Is there a way I can see 5 minute
resolution for data older than 33 hours and 20 minutes."  No, you can't.
At least not without some hacking.

Paul

>>> Anthony Lai <savedadogs at yahoo.com> 05/06/02 10:13AM >>>
I have been monitoring several switch ports for the last few months. is there a way I can generate a graph for a past date? For a certain time interval (from noon to 4:00Pm)??