[mrtg] reducing interval below 5 minutes

Carl Friedberg friedberg at exs.esb.com
Wed May 15 00:09:32 MEST 2002

Hi,

In a recent "newbie" thread, a user wanted to know how to make mrtg run more frequently than the default 5 minute interval, something I've often wondered as well.

I am running mrtg 2.9.18pre10 (ActiveState Perl 5.6.1, Windows 2000 sp2) now, and am installing pre11. I decided to try these 2 keywords:

Interval: 2
Refresh:120

I reran the indexmaker script (have not tried running this through mrtg yet), and indexmaker complains that

ERROR: CFG Error in "refresh", line 8: 120 should be 300 seconds or more

the line used to run indexmaker was:

perl indexmaker mrtg.cfg --output mrtgindex.html

and indeed, running mrtg gives this error:

ERROR: CFG Error in "refresh", line 8: 120 should be 300 seconds or more

Any suggestions?

Carl Friedberg
friedberg at esb.com