[mrtg] Re: Using RRD

Thoenen, Peter Mr. EPS Peter.Thoenen at bondsteel2.areur.army.mil
Wed Oct 23 01:35:32 MEST 2002

Inline

None really.  For dedicated MRTG box w/ small amounts of devices, rrd and
14all are just added unneeded overhead.  Only reason I would still suggest
it is RRD allows for future growth, good experience on getting it up and
doing what you want, and Toby I believe has stated MRTG 3.0 will be based on
RRD so might as well get use to it :)

> Am I right to understand that RRD is a replacement for rupdate ?

Not sure

> If I use RRD and 14all, then MRTG would only be doing SNMP queries and
> nothing else ?

Yep

> Regards \\ Naman

-Peter