[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Cabletron 8600

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Oct 23 04:28:50 MEST 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 09:59:12AM +1000, John Pavlakis wrote:

> I have had this problem for a while now. I am unable to monitor a cabletron
> 8600 router's VLAN interfaces. All virtual interfaces on the same serial
> port have the same readings. That is, mrtg does not supply individual
> readings of the VLan interfaces. Has anyone successfully monitored an SSR
> 8600, and if so, could you please assist.

MRTG does not supply readings period.  If the device won't give away its
secrets, MRTG cannot use those secrets.

You will have to ask the manufacturer, visit their web site, visit the
device's support mailing list/newsgroup, etc.

If there's a user of device XYZ on this list and if (s)he answers, you're
lucky however it is probably off topic here.  If you go to a place where
users of device XYZ gather you're probably going to get a faster response.

Alex