[mrtg] Re: PNG File Question

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Oct 31 23:18:01 MET 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 11:40:11AM -0800, Joshua Gottlieb wrote:

> I need to be able to run MRTG to update the PNG files without being able to
> poll the actual devices.  I have some old log files that I want to update
> the PNG files from.  Unfortunately when I try to run MRTG, it skips the PNG
> file update because it can't get a response from the devices.

MRTG isn't producing the png files.  It is telling rateup to do the work.
Your problem can be solved by looking at the commands that MRTG sends to
rateup and doing just the command that produces the image.

This has been discussed on this list before; a mix of rateup, my name and
probably words such as "parameter, image, wrapper" will probably do in
your favourite search engine.

HTH
Alex