[mrtg] PPS on GSR

Bill Anderson banderson at superb.net
Thu Dec 4 21:55:08 MET 2003

Greetings,

I'm attempting to graph packets per second on a Cisco GSR per interface,
trying to get this working first on a GigE interface, and will add the
others when I get it working.   Have tried some examples from list archives
and pulled from other sources, but seems I'm mising something.

Seems to generate a graph, but at a much higher level than shown in the show
interface counters (e.g.: graph and legend show 100k + averages, while the
counters show ~ 20k).

Some configs attempted look like:

Target[x.x.x.x_2p]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.2.1.1.42.2&1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.2.1.1.43.2:community at x.x.x.x:::::
2
MaxBytes[x.x.x.x_2p]: 125000000
Title[x.x.x.x_2p]: #Gi1/0 -pps
PageTop[x.x.x.x_2p]: <H1>#Gi1/0</H1>

or

Target[x.x.x.x_2p2]:
ifInUcastPkts.2&ifOutUcastPkts.2:community at x.x.x.x:::::2
MaxBytes[x.x.x.x_2p2]: 125000000
Title[x.x.x.x_2p2]: #Gi1/0 --
PageTop[x.x.x.x_2p2]: <H1>#Gi1/0 -- </H1>
WithPeak[x.x.x.x_2p2]: wmy
Colours[x.x.x.x_2p2]:
RED#cc0000,ORANGE#ff6600,DARKGREEN#006600,VIOLET#ff00ff
LegendO[x.x.x.x_2p2]: PPS:&nbsp
LegendI[x.x.x.x_2p2]: PPS:&nbsp
YLegend[x.x.x.x_2p2]: Packets Per Second
Legend1[x.x.x.x_2p2]: Incoming Packets per Second
Legend2[x.x.x.x_2p2]: Outgoing Packets per Second

Not sure what I'm missing (hopefully nothing too obvious), any advice,
pointers, links, examples  much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill