[mrtg] First time user: one question

Joao Miguel Ferreira jmf at estg.ipvc.pt
Fri Dec 5 17:22:06 MET 2003

Hello all,

First time on the list. Today in no more than 20 minutes I have set up a
MRTG to monitor our router. Great software.

My question:

The 'root' user of the machine running MRTG is receiving e-mail (one for
each time mrtg is executed).

The e-mail subject is: Cron ..........

The content is something like:
"
Rateup ERROR: /usr/bin/rateup found that 212.13.33.177_1's log file time
1070641804 was greater than now (1070640901)
ERROR: Let's not do the time warp, again. Logfile unchanged
"

I cannot understand what this means, but I would like to know if the
graphs determined by mrtg could be wrong because of this ?

One thing that might be related is that I changed the system time (I
subtracted one hour) after the starting using mrtg ?

How can I solve this ? Does this compromise the results presented by
mrtg ? Is there any problem ?

See this, please:
http://robotica.estg.ipvc.pt/mrtg/

Thanks in advance.

--- Once again I was very surprised about how simple it was to get mrtg
running. Congratulations ---