[mrtg] Re: Silly Question : how to get a 'default' value in the graphs

Barry_Young at interliant.com Barry_Young at interliant.com
Tue Feb 11 13:25:18 MET 2003

Easy....

Set Absmax to the maximum bandwidth of the circuit and then MaxBytes to the
threshold that is required.  Note that the values are expressed in bytes
not bits.

In the following example, the maximum bandwidth is 100Mb (ie. FastEthernet)
but the threshold/red line will appear at 64Kb.

AbsMax[xxx]: 12500000
MaxBytes[xxx]: 8000

Hope this helps

Regards,

                      "Leen Smit"
                      <leen at webmind.nl         To:      <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: [mrtg] Silly Question : how to get a 'default' value in the graphs
                      mrtg-bounce at list
                      .ee.ethz.ch

                      11/02/2003 12:07

Hi There,

ive been playing with the config files a bit, and there one thing that i
cant seem to get to work.
We have a 2Mbit line here, but we are charged for anything over 128Mbit of
bandwidth that we use. So what i'd like, is to have a line in the graphs
reprisenting this value, so i can see when we are over our treshold.
Can any one tell me where/how to do this??

      Leen Smit

      Leen Smit