[mrtg] Error running MRTG

Andre Fortin afortin at personainc.ca
Wed Jan 8 16:43:23 MET 2003

Heya,

Just tried upgrading to 2.9.25, and running rateup now gives the following
error.  I have looked through the archives to no avail for solutions to this
problem..  The question has been asked, but never answered.

gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Invalid filter type specified
gd-png error: setjmp returns error condition

Here are the details on the system in question:

RedHat 7.2 system

MRTG configure line
./configure --with-gd-lib=/usr/lib --with-gd-inc=/usr/include \
	--with-z-lib=/usr/lib --with-z-inc=/usr/include/ \
	--with-png-lib=/usr/lib --with-png-inc=/usr/include

rpm -q gd
gd-1.8.4-4

rpm -q libpng
libpng-1.0.14-0.7x.3

rpm -q zlib
zlib-1.1.3-25.7

Any other information required, please let me know and I'll respond
promptly.. Thanks in advance,

Andre Fortin, CCNA
Systems Administrator Technician
Persona Communications, Northern Division
500 Barrydowne Rd.
Sudbury, Ontario
afortin at personainc.ca
Tel.: (705)560-1560 ext. 266