[mrtg] Re: how to find out mrtg graph utilization report?

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Fri Jan 24 13:45:35 MET 2003

In other words, if you want your graph to be in bits, you must set the
option for bits (rtfm for that one) but it you want it in bytes, leave the
option out.

Eric Brander
ACS
Texas CHIP Account
Sr. Communications Engineer - Information Systems Department
512.336.3331
Eric dot Brander at acs-inc dot com

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex van den Bogaerdt [mailto:alex at ergens.op.het.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 5:35 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Re: how to find out mrtg graph utilization report?

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 03:19:42PM -0800, Lam, Ken wrote:

> All I want to find out was how to read the graph and to calculate
> interpret its utilization report.  Currently the daily/weekly graph
> chart only graph up to 48KBytes.  This frame relay that I am monitoring
> has 384KBytes port speed to one of our remote site and it doesn't make
> sense that its usage only go up to 48KBytes.

Most likely you do NOT have a 384KBps link, you have a 384Kbps link.
Notice the difference between B and b...

384 Kbps equals 48 KBps.

When you connect a 193KBps interface to a provider, how do you
expect to get 384KBps of bandwidth available?

Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit