[mrtg] On-the-fly title/pagetop/etc

Nicholas Berry nberry at ragingwire.com
Tue Jul 22 05:15:10 MEST 2003

Is it possible to run a command like using backticks within the MRTG
configuration script to populate potentially dynamic information into
the title, pagetop, etc?

I'm interested in SNMP querying my routers/switches for the port-name so
when the network admin adjusts the name to reflect new customer
information, then it will be automatically displayed when viewing MRTG
data (I'm using 14all.cgi to view the data, so the devices would only be
queried when viewed via 14all.cgi).

Has anyone tried tackling something like this?  I'd prefer not to
regenerate new configs or have to manually edit the config files every
time.. just trying to be a little lazier  :)

Thanks,
Nicholas Berry
Systems Engineer
RagingWire Telecommunications, Inc.