[mrtg] PNG files not correct

Ryan T. Clark clarkr at ee.eng.ohio-state.edu
Mon Jun 23 18:38:06 MEST 2003

Hi All,
     I'm having a wicked problem with both MRTG and RRD producing PNG files.  I
have been suspecting it's a library issue, but I've reinstalled zlib, libpng,
and gd several times (then recompiled MRTG and RRD, and reinstalled).

     Here's where I'm at now:  MRTG produces PNG files, but only 88 bytes worth
and I can't figure out what to interpret from them (I've attached a sample).  I
also can get PHP to pass through a PNG file using RRDTool directly, but if the
page is reloaded, PHP complains it's not a valid PNG file.  That can be seen at
http://marge/rrd_gauge4_72hr.php

     Would anyone out there have a clue what I can do?

Thanks Much,

     Ryan Clark

-- Type: image/x-png
-- Size: 88 bytes