[mrtg] Re: Need help on Router Interface

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Thu May 8 15:17:11 MEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 04:35, prasad wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Thanks any way, your suggestions are definitely appreciable ,I am not used
> to the terminology used in mailing list , but what i feel that it should not
> discourage the newcomer ..or ..what u called as "Newbie"
>
> I addition to above it will be grateful if you can help me out , I am
> getting errors in cfgmaker if I run it on Target!!

So... Don't run cfgmaker.  Just edit your cfg file and make a new
target.  Copy an existing one (all of the lines with the same name
between []), change the name between the brackets to something else, and
set your target definition by hand, as well as changing the text so you
know what it is when you see the graph.

cfgmaker is merely a convenient way to generate basic traffic stats for
the whole router.  It is not intended to do everything for you.
--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE 2495, CNX
Austin Energy