[mrtg] ipac vs snmp

Henning hjb at base.za.net
Tue Oct 28 22:52:15 MET 2003

I'm setting up MRTG to monitor all the traffic between my server and the
rest of the network.

I started out with SNMP, but was unable to make it monitor my dialup
line, and someone suggest I use ipaccount instead.

Once I got that working, I decided to switch my eth0 monitor to
ipaccount as well, and that's where my problem is. I currently have both
SNMP and ipaccount set up in MRTG, but I get quite different values from
them and have no idea which one is accurate. Here's one of the more
extreme cases: