[mrtg] Cisco questions

Greg Dickinson gdickinson at logistasolutions.com
Thu Sep 11 17:26:43 MEST 2003

Hello all,
I have a couple of questions that I hope can be answered fairly quickly
- I have done much Googling of the archives and can't seem to find any
reference to them.

First, a little background: I am monitoring a Cisco 7506 router that
has 4 DS3's coming into it, each DS3 being slit off into separate T-1's
to go to each of our sites.  We recently upgraded the RAM and IOS in
this router to 12.2(19) and replaced a flaky ethernet interface.

1.) Since the upgrade, the traffic grpahs being generated look like a
porcupine :-)   (to see what I'm talking about, visit
http://207.157.9.161/cgi-bin/mrtg.cgi?dir=cisco/ )  Has anyone else seen
this, and is it normal?  Before all the hardware/IOS upgrades, the
traffic graphs looked rather smooth, like the ethernet interfaces at the
top of the aforementioned page.

2.) Is there any way to measure the total traffic utilization of each
DS3, as opposed to having to monitor each T-1 and add the values
together?

TIA,

--Greg

Gregory B. Dickinson, CNE CCNA