[mrtg] ConversionCode

Mohamed Eldesoky m.eldesoky at tedata.net
Thu Sep 18 09:52:44 MEST 2003

Hi
I am asking about the ConversionCode.

In MRTG documentation, it is mentioned  that "Some devices may produce
non-numeric values that would nevertheless be useful to graph with MRTG if
those values could be converted to numbers. The ConversionCode keyword
specifies the path to a file containing Perl code to perform such
conversions. "

So, does it mean it deals with non-numeric values only ??
What if I want to use it with numeric values too, in order to extend MRTG to
have rules and exceptions, and be able to manibulate my date before it gets
into the rrd files ??

I want to have my perl script to do some tasks.
Anyone tried it with numric values too ??

Regards
Mohamed Eldesoky
--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!