[mrtg] 6500 Power Consumption

Hart, Kevin KHart at helixtechnology.com
Thu Apr 15 17:58:08 MEST 2004

Hello all,

Just curious...is anyone monitoring power consumption on the Cisco 6500
series switches? We've been adding a lot of inline
power ethernet modules for phones to our various 6500 chassis and I thought
it might be worthwhile to start taking a peek at this.
The Cisco-Entity-Fru-Control-Mib seems to have all the necessary info when I
walked it. Basically it pulls the same
information as "show environment power".
But...I don't want to go down the same road as attempting to access the 6500
environmental temperature monitors
with SNMP, which basically give back unchanging, useless information

If anyone has done this I'd appreciate some input.

Thanks,
Kevin