[mrtg] Re: OpenBSD/mrtg

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri Dec 10 10:08:38 MET 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 05:10:14PM -0800, Takahiro Horie wrote:

> I'm trying to setup mrtg on my openbsd box. When I try to run
>
> /usr/local/bin/cfgmaker --global 'WorkDir: /var/www/htdocs/stats/mrtg'
> --global 'Options[_]: growright,bits' --ifref=ip public at 66.88.132.34
>
> it gives me:
>
> WARNING: Skipping public at 66.88.132.34: as no info could be retrieved
>
> What am I supposed to use for the "community" string?

Anything you like (within the possibilities of your snmp setup)

You really should:

- ask BSD related lists to setup your box
- get SNMP working before even thinking about MRTG
- debug/test your setup with snmpget (or snmpwalk, snmpcmd, snmp*)

Only when this works, start thinking about MRTG.

HTH
Alex
--
You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim