[mrtg] stale MRTG processes

Chris Conn cconn at abacom.com
Fri Dec 31 20:44:39 MET 2004

Hello,

For some reason since I have upgraded to a newer RAID firmware on my
SCSI controller, some mrtg processes hang indefinately and need to be
killed manually.  The rest of the server seems fine.  Other than
claiming there is a stale lock file, the next polls continue without
problem, and when I kill the stale process I get an email with

ERROR: Bailout after SIG TERM

While I investigate this phenomenon, is there a way to set the maximum
execution time of either the mrtg process or the perl execution?

Thanks in advance,

Chris