[mrtg] RES: free &used memory are 0?

Eduardo Oliveira Scricco (Service) escricco at rge-rs.com.br
Fri Oct 29 16:28:10 MEST 2004

Hi,

I tried your script but it didn't worked here.

I have MRTG monitoring memory from my linux box with this simple script:

#!/bin/sh

free -b | grep Mem | while read STR TOTAL USED FREE SHARED BUFFERS
CACHED
do
echo $FREE; echo $USED
done
UPTIME=`uptime | cut -d "," -f1,2 | cut -c14-30`
HOSTNAME=`hostname`
echo $UPTIME
echo $HOSTNAME
exit 0

And for swap, you have only to change the "grep" part to "grep Swap"

Greets,
Eduardo