[mrtg] Fedora Core 2 oddity

Gary Smith gary at primeexalia.com
Thu Sep 23 20:03:25 MEST 2004

I did the base install of Fedora Core 2 (including MRTG and development tools).  I have a config on an old RH9 box to monitor the bandwidth usage on a Netopia ADSL router.  On the RH9 I didn't have any of the option tools installed so it created .gif files.  No biggy there.  On the new box it generates the PNG's as expected but the timestamp isn't in the upper right corner anymore.  It's in the top left corner pretruding from the screen (so you see "23 2004 10:50" instead of Sep 23 2004 10:50").  I tried the TimeStrPos option and MRTG didn't like it.

Is this a known issue?  The RH9 box is 2.10.13 and FC2 (stock RPM) is 2.10.5

Gary