[mrtg] Configmaker question

Rob Dover RDOVER at bclc.com
Tue Feb 8 18:52:31 MET 2005

I have gone through the docs but can't find the answer to this one.

I have a number of switches that I run cfgmaker against on a daily
basis. The reason is to catch port reconfigurations. The problem is that
it returns a big long string to identify each port. The string it
returns is Nortel Networks Business Policy Switch 2000 Ethernet Switch
Module - Port #".=20

I would like to globally shorten this to just "Port #" when cfgmaker
runs. =20

Is there a switch or run time command that would do this?

Thanks -Rob-

Rob Dover=20
 mailto:rdover at bclc.com
"If you listen on a quiet night, you  can  hear the sound of an NT
Server reboot".

=20

"THIS TRANSMISSION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE ADDRESSEE. IT MAY CONTAIN =
PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE IS =
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, =
PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE MAY CORRECT OUR TRANSMISSION. =
PLEASE DESTROY THE ORIGINAL. THANK YOU."=0A=

-- Type: image/gif
-- Desc: image001.gif
-- Size: 22k (22563 bytes)